What We Believe
1. We believe in the One, and yet Triune, almighty and only God, the Author of all creation who is manifested in the Persons of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit
2. That Jesus Christ of Nazareth described in the New Testament of the Bible is the Son of God, the Messiah who was prophesied about in the Old Testament of the Bible (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23, 16:13-17; John 1:49).
3. We believe that all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God and that Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners who repent and call upon Him and there is salvation in no one else but Him (1 Timothy 1:15; Acts 4:12; John 14:6; Romans 3:23; 10:13). This experience of repentance and salvation through confession of Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord is biblically referred to as being ‘born again’ (John 3:3-7)!
4. The virgin birth of our Lord Jesus Christ, His historical death on a cross, as well as physical, bodily resurrection on the third day, His ascension into Heaven, the imminent catching away of His church by Him unto Himself in the clouds, referred to as the rapture and His subsequent second advent to the earth. (Matthew 27:26-28:10; Mark 15:15-16:14; Luke 23:23-24:43; John 19:16-20:29).
5. In the divine healing of the human body from physical ailments through faith in the word and promises of God, the passion of the Christ and the power of God (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:17; 1 Peter :24).
6. In the resurrection of both the just and the unjust, the latter to eternal punishment, and the former to eternal reward (Matthew 13:40-43; 2 Corinthians 5:10; Matthew 25:46; John 5:28-29; Acts 24:15; Revelation 20:4-15).
7. In the sanctity of marriage and its immutable definition as a union before God, between one man and one woman, a three-fold cord for mutual friendship, fellowship and support, procreation and the formation of a family. (Genesis 2:18-25; Matthew 19:3-8; Mark 10:2-9; Ephesians 5:31; Ecclesiastes 4:9-12; Malachi 2:15).
8. In the creation account detailed in the Biblical book of Genesis and that this account ultimately forms the foundation of all Christian belief for example in explaining the need for a Saviour following the fall of man (Genesis 2:16, 3:6-24; Romans 5:12; 1 Corinthians 15:22, 45).
9. In regular partaking of bread and wine as a community of believers in remembrance of the Lord Jesus Christ and as a declaration of His death, burial and resurrection and all that it avails us of. This is often referred to as the Lord’s Supper or as Holy Communion. In this same vein also we believe in the regular the assembling of ourselves together as a local community of believers in Christ (Matthew 26:26-29; Mark 14:22-24; Luke 22:19-20; 1 Corinthians 11:17-34).
10. We believe in the doctrine of baptisms, that is water baptism by immersion, as well as the baptism in the Holy Spirit as a separate experience from repentance and salvation from sin. We believe it is the endowment with power from on high for Christian witness that was spoken of by the prophet Joel, John the Baptist, as well as the Lord Jesus Christ Himself (Joel 2:28-29; Luke 24:49; John 14:16-17, 26, 15:26, 16:7, 13-15; Acts 1:4, 8, 2:1-4, 16-21, 38-39).
11. We believe in speaking in other tongues as a supernatural gift and as the initial evidence of the baptism in the Holy Spirit as well as in the other eight gifts of the Holy Spirit described in the first epistle of Paul the Apostle to the Corinthians (Acts 10:44-46, 19:1-6, 1 Corinthians 12:8-10).
12. We believe in the biblical, Christian disciplines of fasting and prayer as a means of personal spiritual devotion and edification, subduing the flesh and obtaining the promises of God (Joel 1:13 – 14; Matthew 17:21; Mark 9:29).
13. We believe in the completeness and inerrancy of the sixty-six books of the Holy Bible, (thirty-nine books in the Old Testament and twenty-seven in the New Testament) as well as in the study of these books as the complete Canon, the living Word of God that can neither be added to nor subtracted from. We believe in being doers of what the Word says and not hearers only (James 1:22; 2 Timothy 2:15; Revelation 22:18-19).
14. We believe in the Great Commission of our Lord Jesus Christ as incumbent upon every Christian to go into the entire world and make disciples of all nations.
15. The financial and material support of the work of God and of Christian ministers through the giving of tithes and offering into Christian churches, ministries, and organizations.